Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We Went a' Hunting

It has been some time since I posted.  Gabe was sick for two and a half weeks, then as he was improving I came down with whatever he had.  I had a fever for several days coupled with a cough, and now I am finally feeling much better. 
Back in early July, a cherry farmer down the road put out an invitation to camp staff to help with their bird problem.  The farmer was willing to pay someone to come down and shoot the birds that were stealing cherries off the trees.  Gabe couldn't commit to always going to shoot birds, but he did look forward to some practice.  So, several evenings this summer he headed over to protect the fields.  One evening I went along with him and Trina.  Here for your viewing pleasure are some of the photos I took.
The Happy Hunter

The gory remains


Cherries needing protection


Pursuing his prey

Chamomile

A friendly dog who came over


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...