Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lightshow in the night sky

Last night, Gabe and I were on night duty at Camp.  During the evening a crowd of staff and campers gathered outside to watch a cloud to cloud lightning storm that was happening much further down the valley.  From where we were, it was utterly silent with no thunder, but we could watch the lights dance through the clouds.  It was beautiful, but finally the wind kicked up and left us in a flurry of dust.  At some point I decided to try to capture some pictures of the moment.  I could not find my tripod, so I struggled to truly capture what I saw, but here are the pictures I got!


Car driving by in the midst of the storm

Here the cloud lit up with lightning

The storm calming in the distance

Looking towards the other end of the valley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...